What do you charge for your work

bsphoto

There keeps coming up with the question of what to charge... alot of times the

answers come back as "look at what others are charging for similar work" and

thats on here where we are mostly photographers, alot being "professionals"... I

want to know what kind of work you do (weddings, portraits, pets, art, etc) as

well as what you charge and why/how you came to that...

There's more then one person charging out there, come on... just because one person makes a post thats explains his charging doesn't mean the post is over no matter how well he displays it... Its his, not yours... i want to hear you because i've been told to look at what other photographers charge and base mine off that... just going by one or 2 isn't enough... i want to find out all...

There's no way to answer your question. It's too vague, it doesn't take into account experience, different markets, different buyers. If you ask "how much do you charge a specialty magazine for your boxing shots," I can answer. I can't answer such a general question because, for me, there are the fight shots, the kids' class shots, the "photo booth" I do at shows, the licensing to MLMs (most lucrative, by the way), the portfolio shoots, the "fine art" stuff I sell at shows, the magazine stuff, the aspiring model portfolio shots, the local newspaper. Every situation has different pricing and asking "how much do you charge for what you do" isn't going to give you any good information.

Why don't you start again by saying what you do, who you are doing it for, what the usage will be, and then you can get an answer.