I have taken several photos of classic cars during an open air autoshow in our

community park. I have sent the organization a web link to view the images

that I feel are suitable for show. The question I have can I sell the images

of the cars without the owner's consent. the cars are not full bodies and they

do not have license plates viewable. By the way I live in Canada; if that

makes any difference.

View my online gallery which I presented to them at

http://www.mcleancomputers.ca/SSM

Thanks in advance for all your answers.<div>00H732-30868884.jpg.9e6a8872f9435f60942667f7ea433ff6.jpg</div>

Were there any rules associated with the show for the car owners and/or visitors? To enter

their vehicles they had to sign an application and/or agreement, and maybe it mentions

public access to photograph the entries. Does the community have any laws governing

photography on/in parks? As a public event, there might be some regulations and/or laws

governing use by photographers. Personally, judging from the photographs, I don't see

where they have problems with the images since, as you state, the cars' owners aren't

obviously visible. But it wouldn't hurt to ask folks there because some owner might object if

it's used for commercial purposes. It probably depends on your use of the images.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard back from the organizer or their members. They requested a price list for print services and so I sent them a list that I viewed as reasonable. I also offered a private session to all the members who were interested.

On a side note I sent an inquiry to my local town hall and they returned this message "As a transient business eg. photographer I would be required to obtain a transient permit to conduct business should I cover a show in this manner again." I'm looking into this on more detail and will keep everyone posted.