bridal show display print size

paul_fialon

I'm not new to wedding photography but I am nwe to doing a bridal show (first

one coming-up this January 2007). I was wondering if anyone had any input on

what size prints should be displayed. I'm thinking of displaying two framed and

matted portraits at my 8' booth and was thinking of going from either 16x20 to

24x36. Is going as big as possible always better? I shoot digitally in RAW and

have had prints made before at 24x36 with good results so there's no quality

issue of going that size for display. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Love the shot. At shows the people are about 10 feet away from the background where these prints hang. Most studios go that size. GRAB the attention with something much bigger. 40x60 at least. On the table have a mess of albums, both proof and whatever style you sell, like Art leather. Get phone numbers and have a bowl of good candy out to get people at your table.

We've been toying with doing another one for the first time in a while and giving away low res CD's with music.

Good luck!

A big print is good for drawing attention. Most seem to go with 16x20 at the shows I've been to, but my 20x30 matted and framed stopped a lot of people. I like the first shot in your wedding gallery better than what you posted here and think it would make a nicer large print. Something else to think about is lighting. The last show I went to, the room lighting sucked and I didn't bring any of my own. A mistake I won't be repeating. For albums, I had a portfolio of favorites, and an album from a complete wedding. The complete wedding got the most attention. I also had some smaller proof albums of bridal and engagement sessions. In addition to the large display print, I had some 10x13's matted and framed on the table. Good luck!

We use a clutter of small frames (5x7s- etc) and big pottery barn frames that hold lots of 4x6s. Plus lots of antique tables and lamps- etc- practically bring a whole living room. We look like Sanford and Son hauling all of our junk :) So I guess my opinion is that you don't really need giant prints- that's just a personal choice.

A subject I know I can answer...the bigger the better. The large prints sets you apart from the other photogrpahers in the show. For my last bridal fair (June 06) I have booked 75% of my 2007 calendar. 1) Have a strong statement of big pictures 2) talk with passion of your love for the art 3) Take time and dont rush (have 3-4 folks assist at the fair 4) Be different (they wont remember you if your like the guy next door. I wore a Gorgeous Chinese Jacket that was unique,,,i then passed out flyers that said "Jazzy Chinese Photo guy",,,they remembered me above the rest. 5) your website should have the same pic's as your bridal fair display,,,they'll remember you 6) get their email and that night thank them for attending (offer some incentive,,albeit to your taste. 7) book lots of good weddings