I visited Singapore 3 years ago and bought a Canon macro lens. It was difficult to find, and the price I paid was lower than I would have paid in UK, but higher than US. Check prices on B&H before you go so you know how much not to pay. Note that you are expected to bargain, so the initial asking price will be high.

• 10 months later...

I have made my most expensive camera equipment deal in Singapore ever. The shop was Digitronics Synergy in Chinatown. The price for Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash, Sigma 70-300 f/4-5,6 APO DG Nikon lens and 2 UV-filters and one CPL-filter was more than 2000 S$ (1000 euros). This is more than double from eBay Germany prices. I was shocked when I found this out back home. I would not recommend Digitronics Synergy to anyone. I'd prefer either Alan Photo or Cathay's.

jem57

I have made my most expensive camera equipment deal in Singapore ever. The shop was Digitronics Synergy in Chinatown. The price for Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash, Sigma 70-300 f/4-5,6 APO DG Nikon lens and 2 UV-filters and one CPL-filter was more than 2000 S$ incl GST 5% (1000 euros). This is more than double from eBay Germany prices. I was shocked when I found this out back home. I would not recommend Digitronics Synergy to anyone. I'd prefer either Alan Photo or Cathay's.

jem57

• 4 years later...

<p>Ref Digitronics Synergy, I agree. I was silly enough to buy there without checking prices elsewhere in Singapore. I got hit SGD275 for a wide-angle.macro converter lens which, I subsequently found, was selling for under SGD90 elsewhere.<br>

I'm not willing to see how much I overpaid for the monopod I also bought.<br>

<br /></p>

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have just returned home from Singapore. I bought a Carls S T Professional Wide Angle Lens, Emolux DLP Ultraviolet Lens Protector,

Emolux DLP Circular Polarizer anda Lenspen for $550 singapore dollars from Digitronics Synergy Pte Ltd. When I checked the prices

back home I could probably have got these items for less than half that price. Buyers beware when looking for camera equipment from

both Singapire and Hong Kong.

• 2 years later...

Things havent changed with Digitronics. Got ripped off as well as I was new to photography. Sold me a video wide angle macro lens and a heap of other stuff. Thought it was a good deal until I did some late research back at the hotel. Paid double and despite going back to complain had no luck. Ending up visiting another dealer and traded the lens for a more suited Blankput model.

Wish I had known prior,, Avoid any camera shop in Chinatown Singapore