Leica M8 Dealer Information

uk

The minutiae of UK vs USA prices is not going to matter to Leica's customer base. They will not bat an eyelid if it came out at $10,000

Not talking about people like me, who just own an M6. We are talking about very well heeled collectors and users. (Only a very few professionals will buy one.)

Many of Leica's customers will hold back until the A La Carte or 'special' digital versions appear so they can pay even more to be that bit different.

People who buy brand new luxury items regularly don't ask the price.

Yes, there will be one or two people living on beans on toast and drinking water for a year, cycling to work and only switching on the 40watt bulb for 10 minutes a day to stare at the M8 poster and to pencil in another bar on the... "Leica M8 fund" chart! But they are an exception.

The only problem for Leica's 'natural' clientele will be to find a teenager to hire to show them where to put the SD card and how to download a picture of their house.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There seem to be some very jealous or envious members on this site who are rueing their purchases of Canon and Nikon outfits. I don't think they need worry just yet. If the M8 outperforms its specification as did the Digilux 2 then it will give Canon and Nikon a very good run for their money. In addition it will not depreciate faster than you can say Sayonara. But all this at a cost.

Brent: Why do you keep trying to sell us an SLR? I don't want to use an SLR.

If you went to the showroom to buy a family car, and the salesman kept trying to sell you a

pickup truck, pointing out that it was less expensive, and had 4-wheel drive, and more

cargo capacity - wouldn't you think him a little - slow?

The Canon 5D is a great SLR - if I wanted an SLR it would be high on my list (although I'd

wait to see if Canon offers a MkII or "3D" that includes an SD-card option and perhaps

accepts the 1Ds split-image focusing screen).

But "better" to me is a rangefinder - so how can the 5D be "better"?

"envious members on this site who are rueing their purchases of Canon and Nikon outfits."

Come on Anthony put your best Digilux 2 stuff up and make us 'rue'.

You have countless threads where you criticised digital photography. Now Leica are finally going to bring out a digital M you are suddenly a fan!