Kodachrome 64 availability

Can anyone recommend me an online store within the EU-zone where I can buy

Kodachrome 64 slide film? I did some research but only BH in New York seems to

sell it online. In order to avoid import duties and high shipping costs, I

would like to order from a shop within the EU-zone.

You should be able to find other local sources in Netherlands, I think. I remember seeing a few dutch websites selling slide film but I do not remember the address now.

Neither 7dayshop nor mx2 ship outside of the UK as far as I can tell. Mailshop.co.uk does. Ordering from Germany may be cheaper.

Here in Sweden I can buy Kodachrome locally, even in smaller cities. It is expensive but available. I do not know how long this situation will last but I enjoy shooting a few rolls a year while it lasts.

"Neither 7dayshop nor mx2 ship outside of the UK as far as I can tell"

Yes they both ship outside the UK, but you have to pay your local VAT

here at this page:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/info.php

"For all deliveries which are made outside of the UK, you may be asked to pay Sales Tax at

the correct rate for your delivery country. This may be charged on top of the price paid to

us, and is collected by your Post Office when your goods are delivered".

Most companies will ship

"You should be able to find other local sources in Netherlands, I think"

Berk, I tried almost every photo store in every major city but none of them sells it any longer. It's pretty frustating because it used to be very easy to get.

Andy, thanks for your info too, I'll consider it.

In terms of film availability, Holland is becoming a 3rd world country very rapidly. The average photo store only carries consumer grade films such as Superia, Gold and Ultra at ridiculous prices and none of the so-called 'pro' stores sell Kodachrome.

Interesting. Here in Switzerland you can buy Kodachrome 64 and 200 in our largest supermarket chain Migros and in every photo equipment store. Prices are a bit high though. One roll costs CHF18.00 or even more. On the other hand I once bought a roll Velvia 50, which included processing, for 23 Francs. Compared to this Kodachrome is a bargain.

Kodachrome is still available in the Netherlands more or less via the web. The development will be a problem up from October 2006 due to the fact that the last developing lab from Kodak in Switzerland will be closed and development must be done in the USA.

We will have a complete switch to Fuji for all color films, only the professional serie. B&W is already specialized, Foma (negative), Foma B&W positive (slide) and the Rollei films even I.R. films in all formats 35mm, 120 rol film and 4X5" sheet film. Will be further extended with all Neopan and Acros 35mm and 120 rol films this month.

In the near future I expect that Kodachrome must be ordered outside Holland or maybe even oversea.

Best regards,

Robert

http://www.FotohuisRoVo.nl

PS. We still like film only.

In response to those mentioning Kodak Switzerland ceasing processing of Kodakchrome, I just spoke to them and they said only processing of Super8 will cease from September 25. 35mm slide film processing will continue indefinitely.

To the guy who paid CHF23 for Velvia, they might want to check Eschenmoser in Switzerland (Bern, Basel, Zurich, St. Gallen) - they have twin packs of 135/36 including processing for CHF39.

Hello,

after all the new and different rumours about the closing of Lausanne's Kodachrome lab, I called Kodak Lausanne last week and got a slightly different answer:

-The processing of the 35mm-films will stop as well by Sept 25th. After this deadline, all films will be shipped to Dwayne's in Kansas.

-The production of the KR64 and the distribution in Switzerlaand will continue as usual. Actually there is enough demand.

-The postal adress (Post box, Lausanne) remains valid.

OK so far, I can deal with a longer delivery of the slides because of the shipment to USA and back. My only reservations so far were about the quality and kind of processing (if there is a visible difference between Kodak Lausanne and Dwayne's

).

Today I tried to buy some films, and it turned to a nightmare. In Munich, where I'm actually working (nothing to do with the Oktoberfest...), the two biggest stores (Sauter and Dinkel) had no more KR64. Kodak cannot supply.

So I called some of the most-known Swiss adresses and got following answers:

- At Photo Ganz at Zurich, one film costs now CHF 29 on a two-film-set (=ca. 19 EUR). This is "because of the shipment to the USA for processing". The date of expiry of the films is 11/07.

- Eschenmoser took it away from the assortment, "because of the price". Last week Eschenmoser in Zurich still sold films for the standard price. Today they were completely sold out.

- last but not least: Probably the most known adress for our demands, Photo Zumstein in Berne, where there was never a problem to buy >200 films at once, can procure the film - contrary to the statement of Kodak - only in the USA in the future. The price will presumably increase from 18 CHF (10 pieces-set) to approx. 35 CHF - approx. 23 euro (!) per film. There were just 5 films left on stock.

After two decades of using the KR64, I will have to evaluate a new film on a short notice, although I have no clue about all the E6-products. With 23 euro per film the threshold is exceeded for me - let's calculate the expenses on an "extreme" holiday-trip just for the films...

And - sorry - I'm slightly annoyed because of all the contradictions made by Kodak within the last weeks/days!

Greetings Patrick

If experience in the U.K. is anything to go by then I doubt if the Switzerland trans-

shipment address will stay available for very long. I suspect that,before very long,like the

situation in the U.K.where we had to send it to Switzerland ourselves when the U.K. centre

closed,the buyer will soon have to send it to the U.S.A themselves.

• 2 months later...