Slide processing in Honolulu

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a good lab in Honolulu (or the windward side of

Oahu) for processing slides and also making prints from slides? I've

searched the archives and did not have much luck. I shoot mostly fuji

slide film (provia, velvia and sensia).

Thanks in advance.

Scott Vogt

Hawaii Digital, on South King Street, bewteen Pi'ikoi and Keea'amoku, left side, can't miss it. They have the newest E-6 machine and the guy to run it has been doing it the longest (SFAIK, and are the Fuji Pronet member. Just used them to process a roll of 35mm Fortia, in comparison to Provia, 2 roll, no cut no mount, about 12-13 dollars. Most labs with a Fuji Frontier do slide to print easy now, I use Kaimuki Camera on Waialae Ave by Coffee Talk. Aloha!

I agree with Christiaan. Although I'm livng away from Hawaii right now, I've heard numerous times that Hawaii Digital is the best place in Hawaii for slide processing.

<p>

By the way Christiaan, so Kaimuki Camera does slide printing? How are the prices? Do they only do slide prints using Frontier?

A professional photographer based in Hawaii I have hired on numerous occasions takes

his film to Hawaii Digital exclusively. He has shot large, medium and 35mm format Fuji

slide film for me with excellent results. Hawaii Digital also does great hi-res scans from

those slides too.

Yeah, Kaimuki does only from the Frontier, which I find to be of high quality in general, seems to go to slide very well, not much blocked shadows and highlights. Prices are good too, don't really remember what it was the last time I did it. Besides, they are just down the hill from me, can hit it to and from the surf! Aloha