NikonD2x price drop?

RaymondC

It is well documented that Shun is not in favor of choices that he does not need, as was demonstrated by discussions surrounding the lack of aperture ring on G lenses.

The most fatal mistake I've made on a modern Nikon was leaving the focussing in S mode, and hence missing some critical shots because the camera would not fire.

There are so many pitfalls on a modern camera that I don't think the HSC option will make matters any worse.

I, for one, would exchange a tooth for a D2X, with or without HSC.

Jeffrey, my question is not whether HSC is useful, which I am sure it is for certainly people. In fact, if I had a D2X myself, I may use the HSC mode occasionally. However, my question is whether it is easy to accidentally shoot in that mode unintentionally, especially if one tries to switch back and forth. It'll probably take a little while to determine it; there simply are not enough D2X's out there for long enough yet.

Otherwise, let's move on to more useful topics.

"However, my question is whether it is easy to accidentally shoot in that mode unintentionally . . . " --Shun

As I stated in a previous post, the HSC indicator blinks in the viewfinder any time you are in HSC mode. It's difficult to make it more idiot proof than that.

But, you're right, we've about beat this topic to death. Time to move on.