mottershead

Welcome to the new Pentax forum on photo.net. This is a place to

discuss Pentax equipment. There is also a "Pentax 67" forum for

discussion of Pentax's medium-format SLR camera. While discussions

of that system are also on-topic in this new forum, you might find

that the other forum is better for discussions of that particular

system.

Wow this is good news!

Being a Nikon user I frequent the Nikon forum, but I learnt much of photography on a Pentax K1000 -- a gift from my Dad, my first SLR that I still use today. I have a certain sense of gratitude towards the Pentax brand and the infallible K1000.

All the best to this new forum!

Ah, finally. Thanks Brian.

<p>

As for "no words". Pah! My predictions for the top repeated topics are:

<ol>

<li> are the limiteds better than a 50/1.4 super tak?

<li> how do I get my 50/1.4 super tak off this !@#$%ng zenit body?

<li> why can't I find an adapter to mount my PK lense on a leica a.k.a. why are pentax shutters SO LOUD?

<li> where can I get parts for my MX/LX/Spotmatic TLA?

<p>and my favorite...

<li> Where is the K-mount digital?

</ol>

The last will, of course, degenerate into a discussion of how the <a href=http://cameraquest.com/pentx110.htm">Pentax System 10</a> is just perfect for the current crop of sensors & Pentax should re-visit that mount.

<p>On the quiet shutter question, I'm investigating fitting a K mount onto an old Braun. I'll report when I pull my finger out & the local pentax guru stops laughing at me!

• 2 weeks later...

i have never owned neither a nikon or a canon. my father used to shoot with

his beloved spotmatic ( that i now own...), and that was the reason why i

bought an me super with my first salary. i still have it, along with a superA, and

a beautiful LX ,and plenty of great lenses, both from my dad and bought used.

i also use leicas and always stop at the leica forum before going to bed to see

what`s new,i hope this forum will bring me as much information and joy as the

leica one does!!

david

"We are probably going to have a No Words forum soon, rather than having those posts in equipment- specific forums."

Brian

I can just hear the guys that post mostly to show that the XYZ lens in the ABC brand body are superior to any other brands yelling!

Thanks for this forum - I've been a Spotmatic/ESII user for over 30 yrs.

I absolutely love the fact that there is a pentax forum now. Pentax makes good stuff and has never failed me. I have to congragulate photo.net for its decision, it always seemed to me that a slight bias against pentax seemed to exist, hmmm? For the record, I use a P645nII, Pz-1p and an MX with some kick booty FA, limited, and M primes that always seem to wow me. I have never gone into a camera store with the intention of buying a pentax but they just seem to fit in my hand and work the way I want them to. Cheers.

A welcome idea, thanks Brain. We poor Pentax users can now talk about our unprofessional equipment without bothering all the C\N\L owners and the discussions about their serious "professional" equipment. :-) LOL

Thank you Brain,

Gord

yahoo!! well im just beginner but i really want to get into photography! i purchased a Pentax MZ-60 back in June and i am just filimg skateboarding and snowboarding, and i was wondering if anyone has any tips on making some really sweet shots, as well as scenic, ect.

i also want to purchase a wide angle lense and i was wondering what would be my best bang for my buck, anybody have any comment pleas eemail me at snw_brderz@hotmail.com...thank you

• 1 month later...