OT: what's in your cd player?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cure's music is haunting and beautiful and some of their earlier stuff brings back a lot of memories. I especially love "Join the Dots: B-Sides & Rarities" and "Mixed Up" albums. "Mixed Up" has some really cool extended mixes.

Backups? We don’t need no stinking ba #.’  _ ,    J

"Pat Boone is now an instrument of the Devil." Thanks Brad, I had no idea!

I'm putting in a plug for my extensive Chris Isaak collection, something I like to play over and over and over and over. Unfortunately his TV show has made Chris an instrument of the devil too (if you've seen it...).

Hey, don't knock Loverboy! ;-) They may not have been of the caliber of April Wine, but they were still Canada's answer to .38 Special (& have continued to entertain us through references on "South Park").

-------------

"That's okay, we can hear the sounds wafting from your open window: Night Ranger, Asia, Dokken, Loverboy, that one REO song, over and over..."

Matt,

Chemical Brothers, si. Moby, no.

10,900+ tracks on my iPod photo mit cover art for each and every one -sorry, I just had to show off, figured this was my only chance ;-)

Rock'n'roll, modern jazz, swing, lounge, dance, electronica, Western classical, rap, ragga, zouk, soukous, Afropop, rai, Carnatic, Hindustani, Hindustani folk and a little Hindi film music.

And to think 35 years ago, only Cream, the Doors, The Who, and a few others were on my approved list... tastes broaden, or standards fall. Take your pick.

:-)