Shot not being transferred to the top photos thread?

momente

Can someone explain why this <A

HREF="http://www.photo.net/photo/4830343"> recent shot of

mine</A> didn't make it to the top photos section? I was going through it today,

and at a certain point I realised (quite by accident) that I've reached photos

with lower rates than mine, without seeing mine before them. There's probably a

reason for this, but it eludes me.

<i>"I think only recent uploads get into the top photos."</i><P>

When the photo was uploaded and when it was submitted for critique will determine which view it gets categorized to in the TRP. If you uploaded it to your portfolio a month ago but only submitted it for critique last week, it will never make the 24 hr, 3 day or 1 week views in the TRP.

<P>

In other works, if there is a 3 day delay or longer between when you upload the photo and when you submit it for critique, it will never make the default TRP view (Photos from Last 3 Days Ranked by Rate Recent Avg).

<P>

It's also possible, if you submitted it for critique immediately after upload, that you did not get the required number of anonymous rates (10 I think) until after the 3 day period had expired.

Thank you both (and hi &thanks, ruud), you've cleared things up. It's been in my portfolio for a couple of days (more than three, I think), and that's why I couldn't find it when browsing the default top photos thread. <p> Wish you well.