links to photo

saddleboy

Just a question,

If i give someone a link to one of my image here on p.net, will

he/they have access to more than that single image. in other words

can someone browse the whole portfolio, gallery from a link to one

single image.

thanks, Pascal

Thanks Bob, I did and the answer is yes, they can browse trought my gallery. Now, the question is: is there a way to link someone on to one of my image without giving them access to the intire portfolio or gallery.

Thanks in advance.

Pascal

I shouldn't think so. You've shown that they can access the site, so they can go anywhere and do anything that you can when not logged in.

<p>

If you can see it under those conditions, so can they.

<p>

You could link <a href="http://d6d2h4gfvy8t8.cloudfront.net/3118266-lg.jpg">directly to the image</a>, which would remove the photo.net interface, but I'm not sure how Brian feels about users doing that since such a link does photo.net no good (i.e. there's no path for viewers to browse through the site).

I doubt it, at least for subscribers. Subscribers are allowed to serve their images via inline links (which also display the image with no associated "photo.net" framework). I don't see how this is very different.

However non-subscribers aren't supposed to use in-line linking to their images, and indeed Brian may have disabled this feature for them.

I'm sure this is documented somwhere on the site, but I can't tell you where because I don't know!

Brian is the one who can tell you for sure, but my guess is that it's OK for subscribers when used in moderation.

Bob, A big thank you for your time.

Like grandpa used to say: "when in doubt, do what you feel is right and remember, if you are wrong, you will have to clear that out with God one day or another, only your honesty will save you that day". Of course, grandpa did say that in french, the bad translation is from me, not from him.

If someone think for any reason it's something i should'nt do (using direct link) please, let me know

many thanks, Pascal