Oh yeah! 50 ASPH

jason_b.

My old lens was a 50 lux e46 which seems like a totally different concept from this lens.

Also I;ve been using a 50 cron (current) and it's pretty close. The ASPH may have a little

more sharpness and snap to it. Similar in look to my 35/2 ASPH.

One think I noticed is that the bokeh is pretty nice. I don't know what Erwin got all worked

up about. Maybe Leica just had a back stock of the old 50/1.4.

And for those of you who responed to my last post, the focus is much looser now. It's

almost where I'd like it, and I'm not worrying about the aperture being looser than I like

them. I guess I just take pictures for a while.

I don't know about you guys, but I actually judge a lens by looking at the negs (as I spent

years as a professional printer I think I'm qualified) and making big prints in a darkroom. I

don't really desire to sit around my house making hi res scan to toss up on the web - I've

got a friend in NJ who does all my scanning for me. But, I'll see if I can borrow time on an

imacon today to show you all what I'm talking about. Anyway, I ran home and used my

lame-ass scanner so I could share with you all, not so I could hear about my lack of

scanning prowess.

Jason: We run into such forum criticism quite often. At the same time, it is nice to see among negative comments the positive input by the welcoming crowd here. This compensates for the few guys who just love to share with us their negative feelings. This is a great website and this is the best forum in it.