To buy or not to buy- Help

Take a look at the KonicaMinolta line such as Dimage 7i, 7 Hi, A2, A200, etc. Some of

them (except the A200) are not the most current which should drop their prices to your

range. But they do deliver and are quite impressive in terms of the features they offer for

the price.

For that price and those limitations? Everybody is wanting an under thousand euro P&S which shoots like a Canon 1DsMkII with an "L" lense attached:) Not going to happen.<p>

With the above in mind, short of the best, you're going to be limited to issues of quality and features. Canon is arguably the number one manufacture of professional equipment and the best lenses available today. So the advantage is the benefit of the R&D will trickle down to their lower end models.<p>

First, considers getting a decent lense and a 20D. If that's not possible, consider getting the much less expensive <a href="http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong6/">G6.</a> That's the model I'd get for my wife or would pickup if I just wanted memory snaps of an event. Of all the choices out there in cyberland today, I think if you go with Canon's G6 as a choice, you won't go away sad and your boss won't fire you either:)<p>

Wishing you the best.<p>

Realy small products need a dedicated macro lens on some DSLR. Within your budget are Canon EOS 300D and Pentax *istDs, both with kit zoom and cheap 100mm macro. You'll also need memory, NiMhs & charger and a flash. I'd go for the Pentax, but yes, it's an outsider...