Tamron adaptal question

I'm giving setious consideration to picking up a tamron 35-105 f2.8

zoom, but it required an adaptall mount. I'm curious how the adaptall

mount couples to the FD bodies. Will I have to dial the aperture in

on the lens manually? Or will the AE coupling allow me to dial in the

aperture on my T90 body and leave the lens on A?

Thanks for the input,

Mark.

i too used adaptall lenses with a T90, with no problems - they act as an FD lens would, the only thing to remember is to keep them set on the min aperture setting (usually f32 for adaptall), as they don't have an 'A' lock like FD lenses do.

is the 35-105/2.8 a later lens from tamron? i haven't seen that one myself. I have the 35-80/2.8-3.8 and 70-210/3.5, both of which are good lenses (compared to other 80s zooms). i'd be interested to know what the lens is like in terms of usage and optical quality (and cost!).

Raid,

Browsing the lens catalog on KEH, they spec their lenses with max aperture ranges if they are variable (ie f2.8-3.5). They list this lens as f2.8, so I' assuming it's a fixed maximum aperture. That's why I'm considering it so seriously. I have the Canon 35-105 f3.5, but I dropped it back in January while attached to a T90 with flash. Broke the T90 (replaced) and knocked the lens out of alignment. I have since had the lens repaired, but even after two attempts, the repair center can't seem to align the thing perfectly. Infinity focus is still a little off at the wide-angle setting, and focus tracking is off a little bit as well. Works great for a shooting around lens, but I can't rely on it for important stuff (I do the odd wedding every now and again)

Mark,

I don't have the lens yet, but I'm hoping it's at least equivalent to the Canon 35 - 105. The Tamron has an ashperical element, and is 1/2 stop faster than the Canon, and commands around the same price on the used market as the Canon ($250 - $350). The 35 - 105 isn't a current product, but Tamron has a 28 - 105 f2.8 adaptall mount in their current catalog, but that runs almost $1000 new, and I'm not ready for that sort of investment yet. :)