And now for something completely different

melody1

I'd like to step out of the photo.net shadow I've been lurking in to

thank all of the administrators of the sight. The opportuinity to

view other photographer's work has most definatly changed my life

(chemistry major at a state university to fine art photography major

at an art school), and helped with the development of my

photography. I know I still have a long way to go, but PN has been

a huge part of my developement thus far.

Thanks.

Hi Melody. That is nice that you are appreciative of the efforts that are needed to run this site. As far as your career decision, we all have to make tough choices along the way. Tossing three years of chemistry is a mistake. I am not you, but I would finish the pre-med degree; how are you going to buy that Hasselblad with the 22mp digital back? You can pursue your first love easier with a BS in chemistry, no? Regards.

Actually, having one undergraduate degree puts me into a completely different bracket for scholarships and other forms of aid. There are some other factors that support the switch, but I'm they won't be aired here.

Yes welcome to the light Melody. I completely agree with your view that this is a pretty fine site. Good choice to follow you heart. If you pursue your passion with energy and enthusiasm and some good business sense then you cannot fail, life is short and it's all yours...

Go for it! Your work shows ability in portraits, products(the chemistry stuff), and landscapes. If you have gone through first year chemistry, quan, and organic, you probably will not be intimidated by the technical side of photography, which is a huge plus.

There is also an old saying that at the end, people do not regret what they have done but what they have not done.

Good luck,

Bill

p.s. Dallas can always use more advertising, portrait, public relations, and wedding photographers. Check out the market. Fine art is much tougher. Most do it on the side, having a day job in photography or otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...