Big spot on photos - 20D

pod

This is dust, easy to remove using the explanation you can find while googling "Cleaning CCD", using pec-pads and eclipse fluid.

About the guy that said a pec-pad left lint, this is untrue, and it is lint free *EXCEPT* if you cut it or tear it prior to using it, thus, you must've made one of the previous actions before trying it.

Don't wait to do it unless you want to have to make 30 swipes in a row in 2 years, that's what I had to do with my Drebel.

"<i>I think this happens more often to people who do lots of long exposures, I am sure if all you shoot is 1/60 and faster each time, the dust should be less of a problem than say someone doing a 6 hour star exposure.</i>"

At work we shoot, amongst other things, a lot of portraits - usually at 1/125 - and it is still a problem then. You tend to notice the blotches more on even, light-coloured backgrounds (sky, for example), regardless of shutter speed. You would be unlikely to notice the problem on a star exposure as the background would be dark. I don't know if depth of field might affect the problem, though. Could it?

<< Okay, why didn't my italics work? >>

Because you didn't choose "HTML" before hitting submit?

<< Makes me not want to change lenses much.. >>

That's like saying you don't want to drive your car becaues the windshield might get dirty.