Just printed today - street photos

Eddie1664878514

"Why are they just in B/W? Why don't you learn to print color in your darkroom?"

I followed a local master to learn colour printing for nearly a year (learned B/W for a year before that).

I seriously considered printing colour in my own dark room but I have given up. The reasons are:

(i) I need more space;

(ii) the chemicals will expire very quickly and they are comparatively expensive;

(iii) the chemicals appear to be more harmful (I am not sure) and I just have a son;

(iv) I want to have a portfolio in either B/W or colour that I can exhibit asap and I think it is better to built on B/W first (because I learned B/W first);

(v) I find B/W very interesting and it really need more practice to print great B/W (but I know absolutely nothing about Photoshop);

(vi) I find it more difficult and expensive to print slide than negative, and I use both of them, which make things more complicated;

(vii) My darkroom may have problem to secure absolute darkless at day time, but it is quite acceptable for B/W;

(viii) my wife objects (because of some of the reasons mentioned above), and her support is very important because she set all the chemicals and wash my prints for me.

If I become rich and can solve all these problems easily, I will definitly print colour photos in my darkroom.

• 2 weeks later...