HC-110(H), thinking I had the times for it. Problem being, I forgot

the development time. I'm positive I've done it before, but can't

remember what time i used..

I tried searching around for info on this combination, but can't find

squat. Anyone here tried it? Anyone got times for it? Anyone got an

educated guess on a time for it?

Thanks!

/Fredrik

Try the Massive Dev. Chart at digitaltruth.com. You can also try unblinkingeye.com.

Personally, I'd do this film in Rodinal or another high-acutance dev., although dilution H might be interesting. An ISO 25 speed film is practically grainless and a high-acutance dev. will bring out its strong points.

My own preference would be for higher dilution, which accentuates the acutance side of the trade-off against grain in HC-110 -- less solvent action when the developer is highly diluted. I've found I can usually extrapolate Dilution G (1:119) times from Dilution B times by tripling the time and then reducing agitation to every 3 minutes. If you prefer Dilution H, you can generally increase the Dilution B time by 40-50%, with the same agitation scheme.

EFKE 25 is a very sharp, low grain film. I think it is similar to the old AGFAPAN 25.

I use Rodinal 1+100 for it, with little agitation. So I'd expect HC110 to work best in the most diluted form.

I've found that under agitating orks better than overagitating, to preserve the rich tinal scale of the subjects.

Look in the jandc website, they have starting times for all the efke products.

I second Pablo's comments above. It is similar to APX25 in results, but should not be processed with the same strength or times given for APX25. The results will be heavily over developed with extreemly high contrast. As Pablo says, I use also Rodinal and with dilutions of 1:50 or 1:100. And as Pablo says again, hold back the agitation. Make sure you allow sufficient exposure to dig out those shaddow details, and hold back development to stop blocking the highlights. I have even used waterbath treatment with this emulsion, and with EFKE KB/R 40 (now designated "50") to acheive stunning rendition of detail across the entire negative. Great possibilities! Stay with it. Tetenal Emofin 2 bath developer is also very good with all EFKE B/W films. ( Some of my best results with nude studies being with the combination of R100 in Emofin. ...exposures made with Zeiss 100mm planar on a 500C )

Good luck. Kevin P.