Post Your Rubbish Here For Joseph

nigel meaby

<I>But, Joseph's post DEMANDED a response.</I><P>

Huh??? It was an astute observation - and very true. But rather than have a reasonable

discussion, the forum regulars feeling threatened did the leica circling-of-wagons.<P>

And apparently it's still going on.

www.citysnaps.net

The quality of the individual photos posted is poor is his opinion, Which he is entitled to, but to issue a BLANKET condemnation to ALL of us is not appropriate. Go ahead and issue a critique to those asking for one, but one should be specific and constructive, IMHO. I could give a hoot WRT critique of my photos. I don't submit them for critique and I don't participate in the rating system. I post photos for sharing. Everyone who puts photos in their folder must have a reason to do so, whether universally accepted as "great" (7/7, whatever). They think it good enough to share and are willing to learn to do better. I have learned to learn a LONG time ago. Global negative comments to ALL, if not most, photos on THIS forum is NOT constuctive. Please, legends in your own mind, experts, tell me what's wrong with my, or anyone else's posted photos.

I presume this post is in my honor..So be it.

Now, for those of you posting on this thread, do you hang out at landfills and dumps taking pictures of heaps of trash, trash trucks, and dumpsters? Is that why you bought your Leicas or whatever you're using?

This is actually getting better by the thread. I feel vindicated.

I'm amazed how many people really care why someone buys a camera. Is there some test we have to pass before we can buy a leica. Is the criteria different if we bought into Nikon, Canon? What about Pentax?

Of course you feel vindicated. Your'e so far up your own AR*E you can't see things from anyone else's viewpoint. I started this thread with my tongue firmly in my cheek. But you seem to be a very humourless soul with a chip on your shoulder about something. Still don't see any of your work to show the quality you expect?? What's the problem Joseph??

And of course we don't hang out all the time at dumps. Probably most of us have very diverse and varied collections of photo's

Joseph i'm not much of a photographer still on a big learning curve but i don't consider you much of a photographer either. People like us should really try to keep our mouths shut and try to learn something. Being ill mannered to other people about their work is not helpful to ourselves or anyone else.

Hot air comes from two orifices try to use the correct one.

Joseph,

<BR>

<BR>

Some of these "rubbish" photos are good. Your pictures are certainly very nice looking, a result of good subject material and skill. It is difficult to make an appealing photo out of a pile of trash, yet these guys seem to have succeded. Pretentious jerks like you suck the fun out of life.