Photo mags

ewgrow

Hi Street people,

Since I usually like the photos posted in this forum, I thought I'd

ask, what are your favorite photo magazines these days? If you

could give me some suggestions, that would be cool, because I'm

having trouble filling out my X-mas list. Thanks to all.

I like to read photo magazines in bookstore but usually don't buy them. Most of them are full of commericals and the print quality is not as good as books. The only magazine I would buy is Lenswork magzine (www.lenswork.com).

However, I have a long list of favorite photo books. Most of them by Magnum photographers.

The only one I subscribe to is Black & White Photography. All the newsagent ones (Practical Photo, Amateur Photo, etc etc) are all too gear focussed. I have (or can select) the gear I need, my interest now is only in composition and technique.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm partial to Hamburger Eyes and it's based in SF, sweet. I've seen Shots before and that's good too. I'll have to check out foto8, eyemazing, and some of those others. If anybody else knows good obscure ones we might not have heard of, keep them coming.

www.eyemazing.com wins the award for the most annoying website in history.

Hamburger eye looks very cool - thanks jeff - another one to subscribe to - i don't think anyone over this side of the world stocks it.

i read PDN - they have a yearly documentary focussed issue. The latest Amatuer Photography (UK) has a special on Leica's and apparently some interesting street/doco stuff (shot using leicas)

foto8 is great - but in Australia retails for about AUS $28 - too much

In Italy and France you can easily find Photo. It is mostly fashion oriented, but there is always one good documentary portfolio in each number (last one, Natchwey). Some gear reviews that you can forget and the print quality is far from excellent, but I buy it each time I can get my hands on it.

I rather fancy blindspot myself....at least some of the artwork done there will make you wish you'd thought of it....and if you are doing a christmas list you could add it to mine as well :)

it's hard to judge the quality of the mag by looking at the website for it cause in all honesty some of the websites are shite

Emily

I'm going to agree about eyemazing. I'd really like that vertical belt thing on the front page to

be still when I'm trying to chase it down with the pointer. I really don't like popups that lead

to popups and more popups. I found myself giving up because I wanted to see photos, not

learn to play a badly designed browser videogame. Zonezero has tons more photos and is

well organized and easy to navigate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Waoooo, nice to see that my magazine is being noticed, and I am real sorry if my website

doesn't please you all...I make Eyemazing alone, from the design till editing, content, layout,

publishing, distribution, advertising...Eyemazing is a one woman show, don't know nothing

about site makings, so that part I had to give it away to another company making it for

me...o.k. it's never gonna be like the magazine itself, but

to call it:" the most annoying website in history.." ??? Adriaan, if you know so much about

how a site should be, maybe you want to give it a try and make me a site?A new website, the

way it should be??? Thanks all of you , susan , Founder of Eyemazing<div>00HP7N-31356484.jpg.808f56af1307d23c7417421d6fa57b6e.jpg</div>