Changed password

kithg

Hi. Is it possible that my password was changed within your system

somehow? When I couldn't log on because the system didn't recognize

my password, I asked that it be emailed to me, and received a

password that I don't recognize. This password logs me in, but is

new to me.

Anything is possible, but it's unlikely. Usually the reason people have trouble with passwords is that they have multiple user accounts under different email addresses and forget which one they are using!

If you're pretty certain you didn't choose that password, I'd suggest you change it and then let us know if you have any more problems.

This may sound a bit condescending, but are you sure that you did not forget it. You may have had it sent to you and then gone "that's not my password! I always set mine to snoppdog398!" but since they're random, it wouldn't matter what you had set it to.

Speaking of: Bob, is it possible to have old inactive accounts deleted? Years ago I signed up an account, came back some time later and had forgotten my password, and changed e-mails. Did it again a couple years after that. I know this kind of activity is a plague on pnet. Please don't flog me.

Bob,

I don't. :-/ I feel like such a loser. New, nonpaying, and clogging up the system.

How would I go about merging without passwords (if I can at all)? They're all in my real name. For this one I forgot that this site displays the full name and never put my full name on a sign up sheet - except on the others.

I don't have anything uploaded, so it may be just a matter of deleting.