Great new style M grip

jesse_kramer

I have a Black LHSA M6ttl

I have used many grips for ease of handling, the New Leica Motor winder, Leica

grip and the eariler version from this company

Their new version is a real winner for me.

I have no financial connection to this company other than that of a satisfied

customer

www.photoequip.net

Anyone else using this ?

Jesse

I have and use the previous all metal grips. Full bottom coverage is not necessary, IMHO. BTW, I preferred the older plastic grips, as one could curl the finger tips under the grip for ome-handed carrying. I wish I hadn't given it away. I believe the new grips to be over engineered, as the it's designed for more forces than the product will ever be subjected to.

The photoequip.net grips are great. Ive got 2, one on an M2 and the other on an M6 TTL.

My M2 has been modified to have the M4 style takeup spool and as such doesnt have the little plastic wheel that supposedly holds the film in position. In comparison to the M6, I found it much easier and faster to refit the base-plate on the M2 (with the grip attached) so I have permanently removed this wheel on the M6 now - with no issues. As for carrying the camera one-handed, not a problem. This grip with the neoprene covering works very well. Previous comments here regarding the need for, and an absence of, a top lip or groove on the grip to stop your hand sliding up and off are also unfounded.

If there were any issue it would be that working out what to do with the base plate while changing film results in more limited options - but thats more about having a grip on rather than the specific make.

Pico,

Your comments made me go back and try the grip again with its height in mind. What I find is I like it being "short". I tend to carry the camera with either my index finger on top of the grip or, when I shoot, my middle finger sits on top. It seems to allow your index finger to more naturally fall over the shutter button - ie your hand gets closer to the body; using objects to simulate a longer grip, I find reaching the shutter button becomes far less comfortable.

Craig