Advice on C41 process and chemicals for minox developing tank

anthonykosky

Hello,

I've been developing and scanning b&w minox films using a minox developing tank and

slide scanner. I'd like to do the same with Minocolor Pro film.

I noticed that there are some C41 "Press kits" available from Tetenal and Photocolor which

make relatively small quantities of developer and, apparently, are a two stage process. Has

anyone tried these, or are there other chemicals or kits that are recommended?

Also is there anything I need to be aware of, compared to b&w processing, that will make

it more difficult? Should I use the minox thermometer-pumping method of agitation, and

should I use standard developing times and temperatures?

Any help, experience or guidance would be welcome. Thanks,

-Anthony

http://www.mcmullon.com/forsale/submin/minox/amaloco.htm

is a small kit idea for Minox processing and not expensive.

With the liquid concentrates up to 500 ml can be mixed in subsets. The development takes place with 38 degrees Celsius (in the water jacket bath). In connection with a JOBO 8x11-reel colour film development in the home laboratory becomes a low-priced pleasure.

The working solution is suitable for up to 6 35mm or or roll films during multiple use - so should be able to develop the double quantity of 8x11-Film.

Unfortunately it is heavy (410g+packing) and postage world wide nearly the cost of the kit.

Gerald

Thanks. This looks worth trying.

Is there any reason it wouldn't work with a minox tank instead of a jobo tank? I'm thinking

that the temperature control would be more difficult, but otherwise it seems feasible? The

jobo tank and reel seem a less convenient solution since I'd need to use changing bags

and handle the film to load it.

-Anthony

I've done some C41 with my Minox tank, I agree the temp control is the tricky thing. Get a flexible tube to draw air out from the under side of the tank. Start at 104 degrees with the empty tank and once you load the tank, it will be easier to keep the temp stable or pre-soak. I prefer the cook up of the tank instead.

-Warren