Flash Clinic or Dyna-Lite for pack repair

bill_green2

I recently bought a Dynalite M1000xl pack from the dreaded auction site and, though it

supposedly worked, it was DOA. When I plugged it in it snapped and crackled (I think I saw

sparks inside) and belched a puff of smoke accompanied by the stench of ozone. I don't

know what is wrong with it, but considering it is probably 10 years old and looks brand

new, it may have neglected capacitors.

Assuming I am stuck with the unit (I am trying to convince the seller he lied about the

condition of the unit and should refund my money or pay for the repair), who do you

recommend for repair? I am debating between Flash Clinic and Dynalite.

Thanks,

Bill

True, but I don't take my car to the dealer when it needs repair because I know I can get

better service at a lower price at an independent shop.

Same type of question. I am not familiar with the Flash Clinic and I have never heard

anything positive about Dynalite service.

Given your two choices, I would go with Falsh Clinic.

However depending on where you are I highly recommend my personal tech, former head tech at the Canadian distributor for Speedo, Dynalite, Balcar. He is located in Toronto, Canada so transborder shipping might be an issue for you.

He has kept my studio's dynalite collection running for the last 23 years a collection of no less than 20 (at one time or another) - D804II, D2000, M1000 etc. I worked with him in the sales end for three years building up my equipment whne I was starting out.

His price runs about 40% less thant the authorized service center and he uses non-dynalite but identical parts.

IF you are interested email me and I will give you the info.

Danny@Digiwephoto.com

I'm sure Flash Clinic can handle the job. However I don't know how much you paid for this unit. Replacing the capacitors won't be cheap. You might be able to get a price from Flash Clinic. However without them seeing the unit they'll hedge by saying it could be other stuff too.(any place would do that) but at least you'll have a ball park idea what it would cost.