# I have to share this work... by Eric ~ (2004-11-18) <---CONT'D

edmo

I thought that we mostly used our Leicas BECAUSE of the high quality super sharp lanses available for them! Leitz experimented with marketing a 90mm f/2.2 soft focus Thambar back in the 1930's. They're worth a fortune now to collectors, but they never tried to come out with an updated version of what had been a poor seller after WW-II. I think that this is the wrong forum for a fuzzy-focus lens on a 'blad.

thanks for the link, Ed. i think it's worthwhile to note that he clearly has a vision and knows what he's doing.. his stuff is pretty strong content wise -- both in terms of subject and the way he's handled them.. in other words, if he had made the same (most) stuff even with a straght through glass, it would still be impressive. but the dreamy layer added by the cam does add more drama and certainly takes it all a notch higher..

Andrew Lee: please take note of a recent post from Tony Rowlett:

Tony Rowlett ?, nov 18, 2004; 07:50 p.m.

A good number of threads are being deleted lately for various reasons which means that

it's time for another friendly reminder to stay on the subject of Leica Photography, hold

the politics and trash talk, and be nice to each other.

so here goes...

1) Please discuss Leica Photography.

2) Please avoid posting personal opinions about politics OR religion.

3) This is not an eight-grade locker-room, so please don't talk the trash. That means don't

be vulgar. Don't use terms here that you wouldn't use in front of your mother. You know

what I mean, and I don't want you to quibble with me on this point. Leica is a class act,

and I want this forum to follow suit. KEEP IT CLASSY.

4) Please be polite. You know what I mean on this point.

5) I am here, and I'm watching things closely. So is Josh, and he's a lot more strict than I

am!

Now.... discuss. :-)

Please pay particular attention to #1 and #3. If you don't want to follow the forum rules,

why are you here spoiling it for the ones who do?