Qimage with PhotoKit Sharpener

Hi,

I've just discovered Photokit Sharpener. The workflow seems

excellent, but I'm just wondering if it's compatible with QImage?

I don't normally print from Photoshop since it's a pain to print

multiple images per page etc. Besides, the output from QImage is

stunning.

Does anyone have a recommended workflow on how to get these two

applications to work well together?

Tim

This was discussed on Fred Miranda's site about a week ago. Qimage interpolates your image before sending to the printer. Since you should apply sharpening after the image is at it's final print size, Qimage also does the sharpening. Therefore, I don't think you should use the "Output" Sharpening function in Photokit Sharpener. I imagine the capture sharpening function, and any creative sharpening would still serve it's purpose. I use Photokit Sharpener and love it. I do not use Qimage though. I prefer to have control over the output sharpening. I am not sure if you can adjust the sharpening in Qimage or not.

Richard - you can adjust the sharpening in Qimage, though I believe it's on a linear scale rather than a series of adjustment sliders (I got it at a setting I like for most of my prints, and leave it there).

I use PK Sharpener for capture only. It helps quite a bit, and is perhaps why I am able to use a medium-low amount in Qimage consistently without having to fuss that much with output sharpening tweaking.

allan