Leica M Lens Price Guide - constructive comments please

That's a nice service you are offering. One thing that I noticed recently however, is that

Type 1 35mm summicrons actually go for much more than you listed. I think in mint or

excellent condition, they have been going for more than 1500 dollars. At least I saw this in

a recent thread. You might try to check out again what they are currently going for.

<P> Cheers, <P>

Stuart

out of curiosity, will this be a free list available on your website or will this serve as your basis when you charge people to evaluate the market value of their gear?

in genernal, the list seems OK. I would but intervals, it is too difficult to say that a lens is worth e.g. $625, stating $600-650 might be better.

35 Summicron F2 Type 4 seems high, so does the 50'lux type 2. Perhaps you should add that these are expected prices between private parties, at a dealer these lenses would cost more.

Some of the prices are generally too low, others OK. One thing that should be corrected is the price for 90/2 Summicron Type I. This is the rare variety SOOZI-M with the separate gray paint lenshood. A complete unit in decent condition can easily bring well over $ 1000. It is listed at $ 450. I think with the disclaimer that these prices are for Exc condition and may not include lenshood most are probably OK. You might consider using ranges rather than a fixed number.

yes, me too. I have seen this with Canon and Nikon equipment. But price of vintage camera

has remained strong. The professionals are dumping their gear for the digital, but Leica

are used by rich ameatuer anyway. Besides, no one can match the Leica feel and its limited

production number too. Leica might take over the sales from film industry as most

Japanese brands are no longer releasing top end film cameras.

• 4 years later...