Which film body's got the best AF?

Jochen_S

Better performance???

Faster Autofocus?

More accurate meter?

Lock-on subject faster?

What exactly do you mean?

The ZX/MZ series all autofocus faster than the SF series. Depending on your need skills and other lenses there are a lot of options.

I don't know what I need. I like multiple AF sensors, believe the whole system can't be fast enough and start cursing when it takes too long to recognize my subject and of course i shoot in dim light situations. My next lens is a 100mm f2,8 macro and im not sure yet if I should beg my boss to employ me till I can afford the 200mm f4 macro... And maybe the 50mm f1.4 is already in my reach.

Jochen,

You might also want to consider what lens you will be using as for AF speed. Because the motor in the Pentax system is in the body of the camera it struggles a log more with larger lenses and others that have a long ways to go to get into focus. (I would assume telephoto macros too)

For example my 100 - 300 lens takes a lot more time to focus than my 50mm prime.

Just a thought to keep in mind. I don't know if there is any difference between the lens motors as far as power and speed is concerned.

Then it sounds like you should be looking at one of three bodies: the MZ-S, ZX-5n/MZ-5N and maybe ist*. Personally I haven't touched an *ist but the other two cameras are marvels. The MZ-S is a much more expensive camera, but it then offers a lot. The ZX-5n is an unbeatable camera for the price. These two cameras are worlds apart in functions and price, but they both deliver where it counts-spot-on, fast autofocus (no, it isn't ultrasonic technology)