What happened to this negative?

This Photo is from a roll of tri-x developed in t-max. I thought

maybe the neg possibly was stuck to another neg during processing but

this is the only neg that has the problem. I also think that I

overdeveloped this roll because there is a lot more grain than other

rolls I have done with the same film/developer combo. The times were

the same, but temp was too high I think.

One other thing. Can this at least be saved in PS? Anyone looking

for a project?<div>00AwCZ-21590784.jpg.df7e0d1f34fd8dc689f3bd4f5ee18af1.jpg</div>

That does very much look like contact between layers of film on the reel -- and such could affect only a single negative, since the other area of film involved would be the base side. The dark (in positive) area is both underdeveloped and shows water marks or something similar.

It might well be possible to save the image in PhotoShop, if you're an expert; most of the damage can be removed by cloning in the flat sky from undamaged areas. I think if you fix the sky, you won't notice the effect on the woman's face and upper body...

Anthony-- If it was stuck to another section of film, this frame would have been stuck with its emulsion side to the back (non-emulsion) side of another frame, so that's why you didn't see another ruined frame. I would guess that this frame was towards the end of the roll.

How to avoid it happening in future? Practice rolling film onto reels (use outdated film), and perhaps get different reels -- I like the plastic type, as they're easy to load.