New Rebel T2 vs. Rebel Ti

christopher_engeler

The Rebel T2 is the newest in the Rebel series. I have always liked

these for their compact dimensions and light weight, especially for

travel, and Canon Rebel cameras have become very, very capable bodies

in their own right. What is the difference between the new Rebel T2

and the Rebel Ti? The Rebel T2 is placed slightly above the Rebel Ti

in the hierarchy.

The T2 now has almost all the features of an Elan 7 - but some of them are a little less ergonomic of access. Control over focus modes in the creative zone is a boon to those who shoot action (as AI Servo can be set), and those who shoot with lenses that have FTM focussing (which now becomes useable in One Shot). Changing focus points has also been made easier. E-TTL II should save the FEL-recompose dance with flash, and 2nd curtain sync is a useful flash option if you don't have a flash that controls this directly, but the improved X sync to 1/125th is a modest half stop. More useful with fast lenses is the 1/4000th top shutter speed.

I have the Ti and love it. In fact I consistantly take better pictures than my friends with the G4 digital and others. They have to spend time adjusting the shots on the computer. My are usually right on from the developer. And, i do not carry expensive lens, just the kit lens, a 50MM 1.8 and a Tamaron 70-210 (cheap cheap cheap but gets the job done when needed since I know its limitations). As eveyone told me when I bought mine, it depends on what your needs are. I personally see no difference in the two since I take snapshots, occasionally making 8X10s, and once every so often, take a few nice "artsy" shots. i am happy and will only move to a digital rebel when its price falls below $500.