Can't find my 50mm

Well actually I can find it, I've got it on my camera that's in my lap.

However, I can't find one looking like it...

On the Lens it says:

LEITZ WETZLAR 2330962 SUMMICRON 1:2/50

MADE IN GERMANY

Really nice looking, I would have to say A- or near mint.

Foucuses from 0,7m. It is Black. Has a front diameter of 39mm.

-Andreas

It would seem prudent that anyone hoping to buy or sell safely and intelligently on the internet should at least obtain access to basic definitive publications such as Hove's LEICA POCKET BOOK or Sartorius's guides. It is not suggested that such research would make experts of the questioners, but it would enable them to accurately describe and/or identify the item with which they are concerned; thus enabling others to reliably answer their questions.

Assuming that you are asking about the lens...

I have this same model, with a serial number that is very close to yours. It is the optical formula that transitioned the chrome models into the now standard black finish. It was launched in 1969 and was the formula used for about ten years. In 1979, a new version was produced that had a new optical formula and slightly different cosmetics, including the focusing tab that many like. I also have this model. That 1979 version was again cosmetically changed (dropping the focusing tab and snap on hood), while keeping the same optical formula.

Having both, I have done some unscientific comparisons, and based on real world hand-held shooting, both lenses are very close. If your lens is mechanically good, shoot with it. The thought that you might have about whether you have a "good enough" version to experience the Leica "advantage" should be put to rest. This lens is very good.

I prefer the tabbed model, not based on optics, but based on operation. I find focusing faster with a tab. But based on photos, either lens could be used with confidence.