What's your favorite inkjet paper?

I've been printing on my 2200 for about 6 months, but I've never used any off-brand

papers, only the Epson papers compatible with the 2200. So before I start experimenting

with other papers, I'd like to hear what papers other people like. Please include in your

choice the archival qualities with ultrachrome inks, and what paper profile you use with it.

Thanks,

Dave

color or black & white? matte or glossy?

I print only black & white, only on matte paper, only with MIS pigment hextones or just the Eboni K. So what works for me may not work for you.

But my favorite is the Condor BW (Bright White) available from Hawk Mountain Papers. It's a true rag paper that yeilds a more neutral tone with b&w hextones or Eboni only than the standard Hannemule Photo Rag, crisp whites and good DMax.

Like HPR, it's not cheap at over $1 per 8.5x11 sheet but well worth the price.

my favorite is hahnemuhle's german etching paper. i print with imageprint software

which provides me with a profile for the paper.

if you guys like, you could contact JIM DOYLE at www.shadesofpaper.com for very

good pricing on your inkjet papers. tell him Danny Liao sent you and maybe he might

give you a even better price.

You will need a good profile as well as the paper. Otherwise you won't see all the potential in the paper. Imageprint for the 2200 has profiles for non-Epson papers. There are several web sites selling profiles, too. For example, www.inkjetmall.com sells both papers as well as profiles. I use their profile for Hannemuele Rag, and it cost only $25.

I like Epson Enhanced Matte - good price and looks nice. But it isn't really archival. H. Rag looks great of course. For black and white, Concord Rag is pretty sweet.

• 1 year later...
My favorite paper is HahneMuhle Photo Rag...a matte finish that yields the largest tonal range, especially shadow detail, of any paper I've used. I re-iterate the comments on the need to use profiles. HahneMuhle had downloadable profiles for the 2200 and newer Epson printers, but I have a 1280. I had Cathy's Profiles create the profile I use and I was very satisfied.