cards some how the files from one card were not saved and the card

was empty when we came to attempt to get the files again. i know that

there are some software programs out there to recover data, but have

no idea of who makes the best and if it is compatible with the raw

files of the phase one. please advise me so we are not in alot of

trouble- thanks in advance

Joe

First of all, don't panic.

Secondly, don't experiment at random trying to fix this - you may damage the data past the point of recovery.

Third, the files may have been copied to your hard drive in a place you don't expect - run a full search of your computer.

Fourth,if your cards are by Lexar, you may already have their ImageRescue program.

Fifth, if the photos are priceless, your best bet is to rely on an (unfortunately expensive) specialized image recovery service. Search specialized forums like DPReview or Rob Galbraith for pointers.

Good luck!

Thanks Fazal, I think sending it to the pros is the right answer. Today has given us a good

lot to think about, the P25 and the h1 are a fantastic pairing and i really enjoyed having a

go with them but its abit scary when somthing like that happens, we were in quite a large

retouching office when it happened and it all got a bit complecated as we worked on 3

seperate computers and had more than one person working on it at once, so we cant

really tell what happened, its a real irritation as well as we had backed up all other angles

with film. i am just hopefull that it doesnt leave the people that i work with less keen on

the use of the p25.

If anyone could recomend a london based recovery service that could hopefully have it

back to us the same day it would be great.

Joe

Ellis, i have no doubt that it was a user error (not mine but one of the people who were

getting the images off the card for us to process), the p25 was new yesterday and the

other cards images (that we shot at the same time) are very impressive, i think the card

was fine as we had viewed some of the images on the p25 screen quickly on the shoot and

they were all there, talking to my boss after we had left the retouchers he mentioned that

he think he may have seen someone unplug the card without ejecting it from the desktop

properly.

I have just spoken to someone at the retouchers and they have talked to their tech guys

and are in the process of trying to recover the images

Joe

I mostly work tethered-in-studio, and when I do go out, I generally rely on an assistant who knows what they are doing, so I may be off base, but when I'm shooting location, I have at least two cards, and when I finish one setup and am going to another, my assist switches cards with me. As I start shooting the next setup, it is my assumption that the assist has already downloaded the card onto a laptop and confirmed that the images are safe, clean and properly exposed. Would that have prevented what happened to you? Because agency accounts are a terrible thing to waste.