What's In Your Camera Bag?

rayn

Yesterday : only my just cleaned and refoamed $35.00 Nikkormat EL, two rols of Fuji Superia 200 and my 'new' 105/2.5 non-AI lens with L1BC filter. In fact I didn't bother to take the camera bag with me at all. Man oh man, did this lens get me klickin' - I burnt the two rolls of film in no time at all. You just can feel that this lens is sharp, just by looking through it and the focal lenght felt sooo right! It's a pitty the focusing throw is a little on the long side.

Today : nothing.

Tomorrow : probably the FM2n for a change, with the 24/2.8 AIS + its shade and the 180/2.8 AI (non-ED). A couple of rolls of film, dust blower and the Domke F3X bag.

Now don't think that I'm shooting every other day (it's more like every other month for me), but I'm on holiday right now ;-)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my Kamikaze Kit #1

Nikon F body + Gossen Lunasix Pro + TX400 36 exp. roll

Nikkor-S.C 50mm f/1.4 or micro-Nikkor-P.C f/3.5

Nikkor-H.C 28mm f/3.5

Nikon Series E 75-150mm f/3.5 or Nikkor-P 105mm f/2.5

Notebook+Pen, Hoods, Nikon #2 close-up and/or PK-3 tube

Green/dirty canvas 'go fishing' bag

Kamikaze Kit #2 is made of a Kiev-4a and lens, not related to this forum, and under safe/healthy conditions I prefer another not so

"disposable" set of lens and Nikon cameras

Regards

Pedro

mmm, some guys seem to carry a whole store...

I'm fine with a F90x/N90s (no backup so the choice is simple), a 24mm, a 50mm, an 80-200mm and loads of Tri-x and NPH. Sometimes I bring a sekonic lightmeter/spotmeter, and a couple of filters.

i agree, some pretty strong athletes out there.

for over, when i travel overseas, i carry a travel pack with 6kg max that is one spare set of clothing, one sweater/thin water jacket/gloves/wolly hat if colder i take a goretex and fleece rather than the thin jacket. i buy one set of clothing abroad. swiss knife, compass, guide book (lonely planet), no spare shoes, no formals, no sleeping bag, travel size toiletries.

when i do buy some more gear, my ideal is D70, 50 and 20 prime and be done. if i go to national parks i use a lightweight 80-200/4.5-5.6 D as used by Galen Rowell. no day-bag ... one pol filter. maybe a plastic shopping bag when it rains to bag my camera. gitzo weekender only when essential. dragging so much gear does not look pretty in the train, the bus or the cafe :-~

I carry business cards and a small book of prints to show people what I do. When I'm in countries where English, French or Spanish aren't spoken, I carry a letter of introduction in the local language. I carry a pen and a small book for people to write their names and addresses in so I can send prints. Everything else varies from day to day and really doesn't matter as long as I'm getting the photos I need.

Canikon D123 (4.0 yottapixels) with 6-1200mm f1.0 L DO IS USM, a 20X

teleconverter, a 0.001 mm fisheye with a 360 angle of view, a super-

lightweight ultra-sturdy tripod made of materials that only Geordi La Forge

talks about. Two 50 Terabyte compact flash cards. A Gossekonic Digisix-six-

six light meter that is able to detect light in a black hole and can detect from

radio to comic radiation and has a 0.0001 degree spot meter.

I also carry a Holga and a bottle of water.

Today? An unloaded F100, my 24-120 and 70-300 Nikkors, a 200mm f/4 for a Pentax 645, a Cullman Flash with Nikon and Pentax SCA modules, and various, uh, stuff, such as lens cleaning pens, cable releases, etc.

A week ago, none of the above lenses were in the bag. Neither was the flash. Said bag is sitting in a spare bedroom. What do I have with me? A Pronea S and an IX 30-60mm.

"Gary Loo , jul 28, 2004; 11:56 a.m.

Only what I need to shoot with for the day."

Now there is someone that has it nailed, I never know what I'm going to need, so I

wind up taking a lot of stuff that I don't actually use. Of course with me, that is

applicable to more sitautions that just photography, when I go on vacation, there is

no spare room in my vehicle. How else does one deal with the fear that you may need

something and not have it handy? :o)

F3HP, 50mm (that one gets used a lot, if not solely), 24mm (on occasion), 70-300 (almost never gets used except for nature work). Loads of film, yellow, red, blue, and warming filters (although I usually use just the yellow if any).

Water bottle.

This morning, EM, 80-200mm macro, monopod, four rolls of film.

Yesterday, FM2n, 28mm, monopod, flash, four rolls of film.

It really depends on what I expect to shoot, but, this may sound boring, most days I carry either camera and a 50mm lens. Oh, and four rolls of film.

p.s. I never carry a bag. Well, rarely.

Little things include:

- Letherman Micra tool

- Very short flat head screwdriver

- Sharpie

- Filter remover

- Tiny single LED flashlight

- 2.7 mm hex

- no fog cloth

- micro fiber cleaning cloth

- Motrin, couple band aids, sting relief

• 2 weeks later...

Kodak DCS 460

<br>N70

<br>2GB & 520MB PCMCIA Drives

<br>50mm 1.4

<br>24mm 2.8

<br>105mm 2.5

<br>Vivitar Series 1 70 - 210mm 3.5 (meh)

<br>Vivitar 2800 (there's a mistake)

<br>Quantum Battery 5

<br>Cruddy tripod that manages to hold these things off the ground.

<br> all tucked into a cheapo canon bag that i picked up for 10 bucks-- it's held up surprisingly well.