Potassium Bromide 1.5 grams

Potassium Carbonate 37.5 grams

Hydroxylamine Sulphate 2.0 grams

CD-4 4.75 grams

water to make 1 litre

Robert;

Close but no cigar.

Sorry.

Any of the ones shown will probably work, but are not the authentic formula. Therefore, the macro image may 'look' visually alike, but the micro image may suffer as in MTF or RMSG. (sharpness and grain) The macro image may even differ but give good prints. IDK. If they appear in print, they obviously satisfied someone.

I mix my own developers for color, both color developers and MQ developers. I mix bleaches, fixes, and blixes as well as special stabilizers. I don't expect to get the results prescribed by the manufacturer, and I have no leg to stand on if I have a complaint.

Good luck to you.

Ron Mowrey

I'm just putting out the formulas for comment. To be honest I'm very happy to have people point out any flaws. I can't comment on this one but the other seems to produce grain finer then the commerically processed test roll. At least the apparent grain in the grain focusser. I didn't shoot any resolution charts so can't really compare sharpness. Is accutance apparent sharpness? Well the project image on the easel seems very sharp. It's setup for an 8x10 cropped out of the projected image. Now I'm the type that doesn't believe 35mm makes good 8x10s but the image seems nice. Now just to have the time for a serious bit of printing.

Robert;

I wish you good luck.

You may improve sharpness in one portion of the curve and make it worse in another. IDK for sure. You may have introduced crossover, or drop off in d-max, IDK. I could go on and on, but maybe you have a winner. Again, IDK.

I can say that if you save that developer after the first use, and re-use it again, there will probably be an overall change in results that would be greater than the commercial developer. In other words, that developer above is more of a one-shot developer because of the chemical makeup.

I know this. I made up 12 developers that all performed well with a given emulsion # of EK product, but with another emulsion # of the same product, only the commercial mix of developer gave the same result, all of the other developer solutions gave unacceptable results in one way or another.

Ron Mowrey