Multiple Exposures

Depends on the situation.

For example, take a look at the attached photo of a ridiculously large full moon over our lakefront. It's faked. Oh, sure, the full moon was out that night. But it was higher in the sky and at a different location.

First I slapped on a telephoto lens, carefully aligned the moon toward the upper right corner and exposed "normally" (which, for the moon, usually means 1/30-1/60 @ f/11-f/16).

Then, with the double exposure lever on my Nikon F3HP engaged, I recocked the shutter, put on a wide angle lens, turned the camera toward the right and recomposed so the full moon would appear to be just over the trees at mid-right. I relied on the F3's auto exposure mode to do the rest - it's surprisingly accurate for long duration nighttime exposures. (Note the star trails, while the moon itself has no "trail".)

So, in most situations, sure, you'd cut each exposure in half for a double exposure to be properly exposed. But not always.<div>008fKh-18536084.jpg.98790c964439e12390aeb1428a8d223e.jpg</div>

And here's a less successful variation on the same trick. This time I overexposed the moon so there's no detail. But the dock and everything else looks good. To fix it I suppose I could Photoshop in the better moon from the other shot, but I was hoping to produce a series of successful double exposures the old fashioned way, each on a single slide.<div>008fKt-18536284.jpg.32580fdf2305af1c4b6305d80f66de8a.jpg</div>

If you want to make phto with multi exposures-

= when you are exposure 2 times you must reduce everything for 1 diphram

= when you are exposure 3 times you must reduce everything for 1.5 diphram

= when you are exposure 4 times you must reduce everything for 2 diphram.

If you want to make phto with multi exposures-

= when you are exposure 2 times you must reduce everything for 1 diphram

= when you are exposure 3 times you must reduce everything for 1.5 diphram

= when you are exposure 4 times you must reduce everything for 2 diphram.