"lifestyle" category needed

g2imaging

I think it would be great to have a "lifestyle" or "lifestyle

portraiture" category. The images would be story telling

portraiture, almost photojournalistic buy more calculated. I do

them all the time. See my ZED HEAD folder or most of my portfolio.

Thanks,

Greg<div>008t4J-18832084.jpg.2c6e0987f02f19470db103911958a647.jpg</div>

What I see in the folder from which this example comes would better be classified as glamour or fashion photography.

To distinguish itself as a category "lifestyle portraiture" should show people in their own environments, whether recreational or occupational, not in some contrived pose holding props representing an activity they never engage in.

The photo "Roaring Rear View" from your "Lifestyle Portraiture" folder fits the "lifestyle photography" category better because it appears to depict someone engaged in an activity she really participates in.

Either way I don't see a good argument made for a new category - environmental portraiture is already a more common term. And I'd agree with Yani's assessment.

Self promotion my A__ I just am tired of submitting my images as portraits when they are not traditional portraits. Let's distinguish between the two please. I never considered myself a glamor photographer...more a photojournalist turned "lifestyle portrait" photographer. I basicly take it as it comes... just a bit set up and organized that's all... although some of my recent stuff does look more commercial and stylized........... Oh well...... call it what you may.... it's still a photograph :-) Thanks

You've got some great shots, Greg. And many are indeed lifestyle, photojournalistic style, shots. But the lifestyle shots, in my estimation, aren't the ZED HEAD shots. Those are just very nice portraits.

As others have mentioned, when I think of lifestyle, I think of people doing something in their environment...well, except models who are modeling...but I suppose that could be construed as lifestyle, too, especially if you were to bring the camera back and show the lighting, background and more environment.

Regardless, it doesn't take away from your good work or the sense of humor that definitely shows in the labeling of your photos.