me going this far but not much more. It has been a good site, but not

at the moment.

I find it very difficult to believe the problem is on this end, no

other site I've visited in recent history has anywhere near this slow

of a load time.

For the record;

Windows 2000pro, Windows Explorer 6.x, Windows most recent updates,

broadband connection.

Thanks for listening, hope things improve soon.

Thanks for listening.

vic...

I'd like to second Victor's comments about site performance. For the past several weeks it has been erratic at best and frequently terrible. I consider Photo.net to be a very valuable resource and not one I'd abandon quickly, but I do find myself growing impatient. I hope whatever the problem is can be remedied soon.

Same thing, I have 10mbit connection, and every other sites load fine, but photo.net works very very slowly. This is really getting my nerves...I got mozilla firefox and win2000.

Here's route:

1 3926 ms <10 ms <10 ms 130.234.185.4

2 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 130.234.253.161

3 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 130.234.253.137

4 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms jyu-a201-jyu1.jyu.fi [130.234.254.6]

5 <10 ms <10 ms 10 ms uku0-p3300-jyu3.funet.fi

6 <10 ms 10 ms 10 ms tut0-p2000-uku0.funet.fi

7 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms helsinki0-p2000-tut0.funet.fi

8 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms fi-gw2.nordu.net [193.10.68.97]

9 10 ms 20 ms 20 ms se-kth.nordu.net [193.10.68.45]

10 11 ms 20 ms 20 ms so-1-0.hsa2.Stockholm1.Level3.net [213.242.69.21

]

11 10 ms 20 ms 20 ms so-8-0.hsa1.Stockholm1.Level3.net [213.242.68.14

1]

12 10 ms 20 ms 20 ms so-4-1-0.mp1.Stockholm1.Level3.net [213.242.68.1

38]

13 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms so-0-0-0.mp2.London1.Level3.net [212.187.128.25]

14 110 ms 120 ms 120 ms as-0-0.bbr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.68.128.106]

15 110 ms 120 ms 120 ms ge-10-0-51.ipcolo3.NewYork1.Level3.net [64.159.1

7.9]

16 110 ms 120 ms 120 ms unknown.Level3.net [64.152.17.166]

17 120 ms 120 ms 120 ms 216-127-244-193.focaldata.net [216.127.244.193]

18 120 ms 120 ms 130 ms photo.net [216.127.244.133]

Hoping improvement, Jouni

Phew!!! I almost ran out of patience trying to contribute this answer. I'm at least

a little relieved that I'm not the only one. I find the site runs lovely for about the

first minute and a half after login, and then the teium starts. I have taken to

closing down and logging back in every couple of minutes. It does make

using the whole thing rather painful, esp the business of reviewing and

commenting on photos... Please somebody HELP.

I can also confim that it's not network congestion. I can run tracert several times while I'm waiting for a page to load (heck, I can make a cup of coffee while I'm waiting for a page to load sometimes...) and there's no delay in the connection to photo.net. Ping times are in the 125ms region.

Yes, similar experience here though hard to pinpoint a date. I have been travelling a tremendous amount and using different 'puters (MacOS X laptop and Safari, Windows 2000 and IE, and XP desktop), on many many different network.

<p>

Behaviour is puzzling - sometimes a page doesn't load. Just got an AOL server error (from photo.net) trying to load user forum. Safari times out. I have gotten automatic in my clicking on "reload" to eventually get a page. Compared to the "instabilities" of Jan/Feb this is mostly "stable but excrutiatingly slow".

<p>

Odd.

<p>

Ironies run rampant.

<p>

When I "Submit"ted response I got a rude AOL Server message (which I neglected to capture). Had to resubmit.

Sometimes no response at all. Downloads are buggy; text or images, even tho text is supposedly a "light" server load. Then, at times while downloading slowly the completion bar at the bottom of the page hangs at 50%, then suddenly completes the task. I am assuming that there's a major hardware problem somewhere. The problem is so severe that I have almost stopped posting images, cut way back on the number of images I like to look at and have completely stopped giving ratings or critiques because of the massive amount of time it takes. The current situation is not acceptable and I hope that it is being addressed in an agressive manner.

It is now almost always a very frustrating experience trying to get onto the site and use it in any way. As it becomes more and more of a problem the site becomes less useful and I (and probably lots of others) are forced to go elsewhere. I hope the site administrators are able to fix things before too long. If my subscription was due to expire today, I doubt I would renew it. I really hope this situation can be improved. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem although I'm sure management knows as they have to use the same slow system. Took me over a minute for this post. What worries me is many people subscribed over the the last drive thinking the system would improve. This led to a greater subscriber base that would renew when their time came up providing support for years to come. My feeling now is many people will not renew feeling they were promised improvements that never came.

It's the middle of the day, the net is quiet and I'm getting server

timeouts every other access. Something is definitely wrong at the

server farm.

It's not just IE, I've tried IE, Mozilla, Firefox, Konquerer, and the Gnome browser (what do they call that??) all with the same results.

SLOWWWLY

TIme on a ping is between 10ms and 51ms.

Here I am typically scanning old negatives; and Photo.net at the same time. Photo.net helps one cope with the scanner bog factor; ie time sink hole. The internet doesnt slow down the scanner(s); the slow dialup seems to buffer/temper me getting excited about the site being slower sometimes. This is with WIN98; and IE; and the fast line #1 dialups at 48,000 to 52,000. The other line#2 here is slower; ie 26,400; and drops slower when the usually bad weather goofs up the line. The phone company patches the slow line#2; to fix the static; it last for about 2 to 4 months. When full of static; the modem only connects well below 26,400......One time the second line only worked at 9,600; when full of static....

so slow as to be nearly unusable these days. fortunately the site's content is still good enough to "wait it out" most times. but not always.

but the waiting periods are lengthy & bothersome and there needs to be a fix for this problem. i hope photo.net will be able to do something

about it.