EPSON 2200 will not print 12X 31"

I have been trying everything to get my 2200 to print an Xpan image that is 12"X31".

I have made a profile for the paper size (13X38), loaded the latest driver from the

Epson website, and I'm using a G4 PowerBook with 512mb ram to print a 228mb file.

The print dialogue box takes the information then the printer begins to print but the

print size is roughly half the size I want, its nuts...and its not fun anymore.

Anyone have troubles speaking with their 2200's? Mine seems to want to do what it

pleases.

Thanks for all help.

Michael

I'm taking a guess here because I own older epson photo printers.

From my experience, the Epson printer drivers for OSx do not recognize custom

paper sizes.

The easiest solution may be to use an older version of photoshop or photoshop lite or

elements that will run on system 9 in classic mode. Open your image in system 9 and

print from there.

If I remember correctly, I had a similar problem printing the same apx size (12x30), and I forget how I figured it out or why it worked, but if I made the paper size a hair smaller 11.75 x 29.75 it miraculously worked. Maybe someone here knows more why and how. Oh by the way, that was pre OSX if your on that OS. Maybe it will work on OSX too, but I've read about problems with OSX and the 2200 printing long pano's like this. Best of luck.

Dana

Thanks.

I got the OS9 driver and loaded it into the "classic" on my G4. Also used PS7 for

classic and went at printing that file. Same result, approximately half size image from

the 12X32 I was after.

And I will fiddle with the sizing to see if that provides the miracle I am after.

This is all quite frustrating as I have made gorgeous 13X19's with this printer and

computer combination in the past...just can't get this size to work, and it should.

Crazy.

Thanks.

MH

Hi, I had a similar problem using my Canon i9900 on OS X. I started out with OS 10.1.5,

and created two custom paper sizes: 11x17 and 13x19. The 11x17 worked flawlessly,

but the 13x19 was printing only part of the image. This was true whether I used

Photoshop or Microsoft Word. After updating to 10.3, page setup in Microsoft Word

showed A3+ and A3+borderless, and Word started printing files properly. The same was

not true of Photoshop. Page setup shows "Super B" as the 13x19 page size. I narrowed

the problem down to the following: on Super B paper Photoshop 7.0 cannot print

landscape images, but does print portrait images! All I do now is rotate my landscape

photos 90 degrees, and the prints are flawless. Hope this helps!