A Must Read.......Photo.net needs you.

sandy.

You have nailed my "I'll do it next month" syndrome with this offer. Not that I am perfectly shure I realy want to pay $25, but since I am a very frequent visitor and since it's time for gifts I'll be glad to do it.

Just a short question though - trying to go through PayPal procedure, my country (Slovenia) is not listed as an option, and since I am qiute a patriot I am not gonna put neighbouring country! Please give me a word of advice!

Regards and all the best in 2004.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in too and $25 is a small price, even if only for being able to view the great work that is posted.

Silly question.....but......can't you make it a compulsory $25 to be able to post. Free views but $25 to be able to post? Maybe I'm just flying high with this suggestion, LOL.

You all do a fantastic jobs and thanks.<div>006vU0-15922584.jpg.62e0307db10116721e352207de11c266.jpg</div>

for your generosity, and dedication to our site. I have just renewed till end 2004, and hope the bonus months will be tacked on at some stage.

I've been a subscriber since 2001 but this was the first time I've been successful in remitting through the agency of Pay Pal - good news for non-US citizens, fewer excuses too.

91 new subscriptions or renewals yesterday through PayPal, totalling $2560.00, bringing us to a total of 271 for the month. (The number on the home page is just new subscriptions.)

Thank you very much for your support, everyone. Thanks in advance to those who subscribe or renew before the end of Sandy's remarkably generous offer on Sunday, January 4, 12pm Pacific Time.

Just signed up through paypal. Slightly embarrassed that it has taken Sandy's generous offer to finally make me pull my finger out since I have been plucking pearls of wisdom from the site for about 2 years now.

Keep up the good work - photo.net is a great inspiration to all of us around the world.

Michael, UK.

Here's an occasion on which I'll gladly repeat what's been said ad nauseum in a post. I, too, just signed up, after shamelessly lurking for way too long. Since I already had a PayPal account, the whole schlemiel took about 45 seconds.

Is there any reason to not support a site as great as this one?

I missed the question about the bandwidth used by the site. It is about 140GB per DAY on the average. We have peaked to 17Mb per second.

The site traffic has increased dramatically since Philip was last involved in running the site on a daily basis, and quite a lot of functionality has been added to the site also. While there have been some Linux boxes added as front-end Web servers, the site has had the same main database server for at least 4 years, during which time the site traffic has increased easily by an order of magnitude.

<P>Brian,

<P>Sorry for giving you all these troubles. I hope I did not ruin your holiday with your lovely family. Let's hope the end results will justify taking away some of your precious time. The reason I decided to do the drive now is I believe a lot of us are at home enjoying our holidays, therefore we should have a better hit rate.

<P>Have a Happy New Year to you and your family,

<P>Very best regards,

<P>Sandy

No Offense Intended Sandy, but wouldn't your matching funds be better suited to aid all the suffering people here at home, and around the world? From the earthquake victims in Bam, Iran, or the myriad preventable, relatively inexpensive cures for the diseases in the "third" world, or the charity of one's choice?

I fully appreciate your efforts directed at Photo.net. I renewed through 2007, because of your initiative. I'll be lucky to be alive in 2007, and I'm not old (43). Ask me privately if you want to know why.

Photography is a HOBBY for most of us. Your mission is, indeed magnanamous, and I applaud you. I tried a similar move some weeks ago among several fora, and was basically crucified.

There is need everywhere.

Best of Luck in the New Year Sandy,

Steve

P.S. Please forgive my former posts. It will not happen again.

<P>Steve,

<P>I can't mention everything that I did for the needy in our homeland and around the world. That would be bragging. Believe me, this drive in insignificant compare with my other efforts, not just money, but personal time and effort.

<P>For those who might take offence by my following remarks, I apologize in advance. I am a Christian, and I believe in good deeds, especially when we are blessed with abundance.

<P>I will keep trying helping everyone. Remember? : I was the first person who helped you to post your picture on line? And all the others?

<P>I know you are a good guy, Steve, so what not join me and start helping everybody, ourselves included.

<P>Have a Happy New Year!

<P>Sandy