Just Got My 28....Check Out Some Shots......

jati

1. No - boring

2. Yes - but you should have tried getting a bit lower to get rid of the distracting background

3. No - but it still makes a point and you cropped in tightly (that's good)

4. Maybe - at least you tried

No need to be paranoid about copyright - a discrete line of text running at the bottom edge of the frame should be enough.

I don't know. Presuming these pics are selected from the first couple of rolls taken with a new lens, I find these are pretty darn good shots. Some moving subjects as well, etc.

Hmmm. And it looks like my home town, if I'm not mistaken.

Curious. The CV 1.9/28 seems much beloved among its users. Anything specific that inspired your upgrade?

Scott

Jati, I for one am always glad when you post here - think you are one of the better urban shooters around. these images however are a bit less edgy/gritty than what i've seen from you before, but then again, the small size makes it hard to really judge.

looking fwd to see more!

cheers,

I like the second and fourth pix. I think the printing can be a lot better on the second shot however---it's a bit murky and it lacks pop. The fourth one could also use more midtone, at least to my eye. <p>

Always liked your contributions---keep 'em comin..

I agree w/Drew--not every shot works, but you're not afraid to move in close & fill the frame. On the technical side, I would say that to my eye, @ least, all of the pix you've posted look too low in contrast (a little levels &/or curves adjustment in Photoshop would do the trick). Were these scanned on a flatbed from prints, by any chance?