1st time here - Potenial pitfalls in processing NPZ film?

Thanks to all who have offered your thoughtful responses thus far!

Since this is my first time here, I didn't realize the depth and variety of the feedback I would be given. Quite a task to wade through it all...

In any case, I decided to test the waters both ways. I will process an NPZ roll of pictures I took before the wedding at Wal-Mart. This roll was taken at a family gathering - important but not "once in a lifetime" like the wedding.

I will then process my last NPZ roll from the wedding (the third of three rolls containing mostly posed shots from the latter part of the reception) to a professional place and compare the results. Then, depending on the prints, I will decide where to process the other two rolls (containing the most important shots - the ceremony and first part of the reception). All things being equal, I am leaning towards the professional lab route right now: may cost a bit extra but if I can get a good referral, it sounds like it would be more reliable.

Now, the next main task is deciding on a professional lab. I am currently taking a local community class in basic nature photography so I will tap the instructor's brain. I will ask other peers and also search the web and yellow pages.

Thanks again to all!

Len