Zooming after the video was taken

kathy_cypriano

<p>Kathy, without knowing the equipment used or the video format, I can only offer a generic reply - Yes, it can be done. Load the video file into a video editing program such as <a href="http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudio">Sony Vegas Movie Studio </a> which will allow you to zoom digitally and dynamically over the video time line.</p>

<p>Once you've done this, the file can be rendered in any number of formats and quality.</p>

<p>I believe Windows Movie Maker can do this too but can't be absolutely certain. Maybe others can verify.</p>

<p>Mike's remark is very true. But just so Kathy won't be discouraged from trying, there is always the option of creating a picture-in-picture or split screen - one of the original video, the other digitally zoomed in so both can be seen simultaneously. </p>

<p>These effects aren't as difficult to create as it sounds, just look in the [Help] file.</p>

<p>If you cannot see her in the saved video, then there is no way to bring out any more details by cropping, which is what digital zooming does. I find that the image quality of digital zoom is simply horrible so I always turn this feature off. I don't think that there is a fix for your issue.</p>