Your first photo added to favorite folder and why?

I've had many favorites over the years, from books, magazines, postcards, my own family photos, but my taste has also changed over that time. One constant I have had, is a fascination with the saturated colors from sunrises and sunsets. I can't really remember what was my first, first favorite form this site...

I don't dwell much on why I choose something. But in retrospect my choice of favorites reveals a preoccupation with people and the spaces they occupy. When I examine my choices with a detached point of view it appears that I prefer not only photos of people, but odd and offbeat compositions. Technical perfection is usually far down on my list of priorities.

this one of the geese. why?

because it's a really good picture dammit :)

because I spent 2 weeks going onto the frozen river at - 25 to -30 celcius over

and over just to capture this type of look and feel of steam, fog and depth of field.

persistence pays off.

because no one else was there to capture that moment

because it was so highly rated by other photo.net members

because everyone I showed it to was really impressed.

and just because looking at it makes me smile<div>00RDAD-80251584.jpg.c397a2a35511fb2db8cde3ee3edf4cf2.jpg</div>

Hi!

First of all, I still don't have my favorite folder, but......there is one photo that really means something to me...and if I have to show my work to someone in one photo, this would be the one...it's not the greatest picture that you will see, maybe is not technically perfect, and so on....but emotionally I am really connected with this one...it may sound silly...but I took it at the time when I did not know much about photography, and when I took it, I said to myself, wow, this is good....so this is my first baby....

http://www.photo.net/photo/7963151