Wrong ISO setting on camera!!! HELP ME!

<p >I’m a second semester photo student, last semester we all shot B&W 400 ISO film. I hadn't touched my camera much in-between semester except to take another roll of B&W. The first roll of film I was asked to shoot this year was 100 ISO color slide, like the airhead I am I forgot to change the camera's setting from 400 ISO to 100 ISO. I’m not developing the film, I’m taking it to a camera shop, does anybody have any tips or advice for me to tell the people at the shop on developing my film??? Is it going to be salvageable? or should I cut my losses and just shoot a whole new role of film??? (keep in mind I shot this roll while on vacation in Canada and wont be able to retake any of them) </p>

<p >Thank You </p>

<p>Shoot another roll and expose it properly. You can ask for two stop push processing to compensate for the 2 stop underexposure you've given the film, but don't expect much. That's a lot even for B&W negative film which tolerates this sort of abuse much better than color transparency film. What can I tell you? Stuff happens.</p>

<p>Talk to your lab. Let them know what happened. They should be able to help you. Ask about having your film push processed, which is basically adjusting the amount of time it is in some of the developing chemicals because you exposed it at a different speed than what the film company recommends.</p>

<p>The good news is alot of slide films take underexposure better than overexposure. A 2 stop push is alot, but possibly doable. Have a lab push process it for 2 stops, but be ready to reshoot. Alot of it will have to do with what film it was and how contrasty the subjects were. I recently under exposed Velvia 50 by accident while in England, and most of the shots came out pretty good, I push processed myself. Good luck!</p>

<p>A while back, I shot a couple rolls of Velvia 100 at ISO 800. One roll looked great, and the other looked awful. The shadows were a red<em>ish</em> -brown, and the other parts shifted more toward the blue side, and was very grainy.<br>

Two stops should be fine, but it may have more grains than it nomally should.</p>

<p>-Jon</p>