Will this (Olympus) lens fit on a Nikon D3400

pierre_yves

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>So the other day I found a lost lens on the bus, it's this: Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8 Lens<br>

<br>

and I was wondering if it would be compatible with my Nikon D3400, and if so, would I need an adapter of some sort?<br>

<br>

Thank you, I'm new :)</p>

<p>No, the lens will not fit your D3400 (its for a camera with a smaller sensor and a much smaller flange-to-sensor distance) and no, there is no adapter to make it fit.<br>

<br /> Consider contacting the company that operates the bus (or any other option that comes to mind) in an attempt to find the rightful owner of the lens.</p>

<p>Another vote to see if the owner has contacted the bus company to retrieve their lens. Would you not want someone to do this if you lost an expensive lens?</p>

<p>A few years ago I was out one winter night taking photos of trains in the dark. I was standing in a shallow stream. I was a bit tired after working all day, and distracted by my focus on quickly setting up flash and testing them in the dark before the train came. I got the shot. The next morning I discovered I was short a lens--an expensive Sigma 35mm f1.4. I vaguely remembered setting the black lens down on a dry rock, in the darkness. I hurried back to the stream, an hour's drive to a small town in Minnesota. Lens was not on the rock, but there were other tracks in the snow. My heart sank! Knowing that the overwhelming majority of people in rural Minnesota are honest, I thought, "Where is the town's lost & found?" Turned out the finder, an early morning jogger, had turned the lens into the local police. I sent the finder a nice gift card, which being true Minnesotans, they refused.</p>

<p>Kent in SD</p>

• Like 1

<blockquote>

<p>Possibly Yes maybe it can be done..</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The leitax option is for Olympus SLR lenses, the one in question here is a m4/3 lens that is as impossible to attach to a Nikon DSLR as an M-mount rangefinder lens would be, at least without an adapter that also contains lens elements and that likely would cost more than the lens if it existed.</p>

I called the bus company lost &

found this morning and they said no

one called for a lost Olympus

lens. It was like early

December.. maybe the person

doesn't know it was lost on the

bus.

Anyway I can't do anything with the lens. I'll call back at the end of the month and probably give it to someone who can use it if the owner isn't found.

• 1 month later...
If you find the right adapter, you can use it on Nikon and Micro 4/3 cameras. I tried it before with other Olympus lenses. You even retain autofocus (tested positive on M43, but I don't remember this aspect on the Nikon camera). Edited by Mary Doo