Why do you love photography

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by timothynugent619, Mar 27, 2017.

1. A lot of people seem to love taking pictures where ever they go and they love to take pictures of there own lives... Why do you love photography ??

2. The only answer I have is that it's the most important thing in my life, vocationally. It gives life meaning - I subscribe to the notion that life does not have innate meaning, and that it must be created. So you have meaning in life, not meaning of life. But that doesn't really answer your question, does it?

It's like asking me why I like this girl or that girl. Sure, I could say that I like the way she talks, or the way she holds a cigarette, or her imperfect front teeth, or something like that. But really, when you think about it, you love something because you just do.

timothynugent619 likes this.
  3. Three reasons come to mind for me:
    1 - I love being able to capture a moment in time that I find interesting and that will never occur again.
    2 - I love being able to visually document significant events in my life.
    3 - I can't paint, so photography provides an outlet for creating pictures that are aesthetically appealing to me.

4. I love taking pictures because I like to enjoy the beauty constantly. since memory is not saved all, that photo always brings these moments)

5. I the same. ))

6. Getting it wrong 95% of the time and still being able to call it a good day.

7. I enjoy photography, the process of shooting film,and of course the photos. It's usually a secondary activity as I go about doing different things. I enjoy other things more then photography actually.

8. It's simply something I want to do all the time. I'm pretty good at it or at least parts of it and it's the way I like to spend time.

Rick H.

9. The medium allows me an avenue for creative expression and partially answers my desire for social interaction. In short, it helps me feel alive.

10. I like the intervention of the camera in the creative process. Depending on how you look at it, it can be seen as a challenge, or as an evasion, or perhaps both at the same time. Anyway, I am also an unabashed gearhead, so I suppose I gravitate toward something that has at least the potential for art and also just happens to require machinery.

11. Because it makes the real world artificial.

12. I don't love it. I just don't know how to stop.

Norman 202 and timothynugent619 like this.
  13. Thank you for sharing Karim!

14. Hey thanks for sharing that with me Jordan !

15. Thank you Hansibsen !

16. Thank you for sharing that with us Sanford !

17. Thanks for sharing Rossb

18. Thanks for sharing your experience with us Rick !!

19. Thank you Jon for sharing that with us! Cool Dog by the way.

20. Thank you for that take on the subject Matthew!