Where to buy Leica at best possible price

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by angelo_rocco, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Hi looking to get back into photography.
    I want to pick up a M9 and a few lenses like the lecia 50 1.4 and 28 f2.
    Where is my best bet to buy these bad boys as everywhere i look they sell at MSRP.
    i am ready to buy but just looking to same some cash so i can get (2) lenses and i would be golden.
    please advise
    thanks for the help
    angelo.

2. Angelo, The reason some high end cameras, like Leicas, are at full MSRP is because of dealer agreements and demand. I recall a dealer I dealt with, who sold Sinar and Broncolor, lost their dealership because they were discounting. You can always try to negotiate on extra batteries or other intangibles.

3. Well, there is one source (other than buying a hot one). Used ones are available, especially if you don't want the very latest model.
    On eBay, used ones don't sell for much less (actually paid, not asking price which is much higher, often more than new), but around US$6,800 seems to be average.

4. 'Saving money' and 'Leica' are not usually found in the same sentence. Does any dealer even have an M9 available at this time?

5. Try Tamarkin. A discounted new M9 at this point is a pipe dream.

6. Try Tony Rose (search "popflash" on the web).
    Good prices, honest man, lots of fans on this list.
    Good light-

7. http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18575

8. The very best place is rangefinderforum since people unload their cameras.
    Also, they stand behind their sold items.

9. thanks for all the good advice.
    any other forums i should check out to try to find a used 50mm 1.4 and a 28mm f2?
    thanks again
    angelo

10. Although he doesn't seem to have those specific lenses at this time, www.georgeury.com carries a lot of use Leica RF and you may want to let him know of your needs.

11. Angelo
    Google "Classic Connection". I bought my latest Leica (M6TTL) from Sam. The camera is excellent and it was shipped the same day.....great service.