What do those "exposure triangle cheat sheets" do?

<p>They are a way for beginners to understand the relationship between ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. A long time ago we had cardboard pocket calculators like round slide rules that performed the same function. Obviously as there were more and better light meters and faster films, they largely faded away. I suspect the value "triangle Sheets" to a beginner would be to understand what settings they will need to achieve a high shutter speed for sports or BIF, or a small aperture for DOF, and partially set their cameras in advance (which with some camera system menus might help a lot). No foul, and a decent learning tool.</p>

<p>Thanks to your question, I've just searched on the internet and found the sheets. They are not exactly the same and not supposed to give you much information. IMO, the sheets are designed for some one who is trying to use Manual mode with a Live view. You are supposed to look at the Live view and decide if it is too dark/bright, too blurred(or not), too grainy (or not). Then adjust THE three parameters as shown in the sheets.</p>

• 5 months later...
<p>I am finding the "Exposure Triangle" difficult to understand as a Beginner DSLR owner. I continue to get confused, I am sure I am making it much more difficult than it really is, I have a Nikon D3300 DSLR and need to understand this concept A.S.A.P., so I may become a well trained Photographer.</p>